Committed to making a difference, InDebted was founded to change the world of consumer debt recovery for good. We're disrupting a broken industry and creating a better way for businesses to recover debt - where the customer comes first.
We’re a global, digital first and customer-obsessed team of over 213 people, living and working across 5 key countries.
And we’ve also recently been named the AFR BOSS Best Place to Work! By focusing on the happiness and wellbeing of our people, we’ve created a truly flexible, purpose driven and engaging workplace. We’re all here with one shared vision - to remove barriers to financial freedom for all people.
Summary Description: The Accountant will primarily have responsibility for day-to-day A/R and A/P activities including remittance of funds to clients. In addition, there will be month end processes along with other tasks to support the Finance Team, as deemed appropriate. The role will report to the Head of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Head of Finance
- Accounts payable and receivable functions across multiple business units
- Daily remittance of funds to clients
- Bank reconciliations
- Processing and reporting of client payments and ensuring payment terms are met
- Preparation and processing of invoices
- Maintaining and reconciling trust accounts
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies
- Developing and implementing process improvements
- Experience across a range of Australian accounts functions, preferably for a minimum of 2 years
- Advanced Capability with Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and end-to-end accounting processes
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid organisational skills along with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- The ability to identify process improvements and assist with project implementation
- Highly discrete due to the sensitive nature of information security assets within the finance department
- Positive attitude
- Able to work harmoniously with and support the finance team
Nice to Have:
- Experience with MYOB and/or Xero
- Experience with LEAP legal software
- Exposure to Collections software
What does success look like? After 12 months in the role, you would have achieved the following:
- Ownership and a high level of proficiency in the Accounting processes and functions
- Proficiency in other finance tasks in order to be a back-up for staff on leave
- Developed good relationships with the team to foster a productive and supportive environment
At InDebted, you get a lot more than just a highly rewarding and exciting career, we also offer:
Work wherever - We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, or a bit of both, or see where the role takes you
Employee equity - Access to share options in something big
Flexible paid leave - We offer a trust-based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
Remote work set-up - Once-off payment of $AUD750 or equivalent to help you create a working environment that supports your success and productivity.
Uprise - Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indebted is also a proud 2022 Circle Back Initiative Global Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.