Policy Technical Writer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, e.g., legal counsel and subject matter experts, to author, revise, and / or update corporate policies
- Be able to clearly read, interpret information associated with client requirements and related laws and regulations and draft policy to ensure compliance
- Produce, deliver, and archive finished publications and ensure version control and necessary stakeholder review and approval
- Ensure consistency of expression, logical organisation and development, readability, appropriate formatting and conformity of grammar and style to client standards
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Adjust rapidly to shifts in priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, which may include staff support relating to client requirements and priorities
- Maintain knowledge on current Indebted, client, and organisational regulations /established procedures; and serve as the advisor on preparation of all types of documentation
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in managing the governance of policies and procedures in a regulated environment
- US experience in Compliance Management Systems & Policies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to draft procedures, job aids and training materials
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience identifying inefficiencies, finding opportunities to streamline business processes, and implementing change
- Regulatory change experience (not required, but beneficial)
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
- Proficient in Google Suite and CRM systems.
- 7+ years of Domain Experience performing the Required Skill Set
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Law, or a related field or comparable level of work experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in compliance, preferably in the debt collection industry.
- Strong understanding of debt collection regulations and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
What Does Success Look Like in the First 90 Days:
- Be able to set up a repeatable process for annual review and approval policies
- Ability to collaborate across functions
- Process annual employee acknowledgement policies
- Set up a process about regulatory changes, ensuring all impacted policies and procedures are all updated