InDebted is changing the way organisations recover outstanding accounts by combining human values with compelling messaging and data-driven decisions. We do this to deliver on our mission to be the preferred choice of customers to support their debt free journey, everywhere.
We are a fast-growing startup that believes in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head-on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer a four day work week, flexible schedules, unlimited paid leave, competitive salaries, stock options, and other perks that come with being a remote-first company.
Our Finance team is rapidly scaling in response to the rapid expansion of our global business.
We are seeking a FP&A Lead to focus on financial planning in order to assist strategic decision-making across the company.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced finance professional with a growth mindset to join a dynamic, high-growth fintech and assist in the continued scaling of the business.
The role will report to the VP, Finance and Operations and take direct responsibility for all financial planning, analysis, budgeting and related activities (think systems, data, and process). The role will also work closely with senior stakeholders and analysts in the Revenue and Strategy functions to assist with revenue forecasting, revenue predictability and forecasting for new markets. To be successful you’ll have to love digging through data and working with people to solve complex problems. The right person for this role understands the importance of the small details but is able to see the forest for the trees.
Since you’ll be ensuring the accuracy of our budgets and financials, a strong knowledge of accounting in addition to FP&A will make you a rockstar in this role.
You’ll be expected to build strong relationships with stakeholders across the globe and work well cross functionally at all levels of the organization to get things done.
You are a self starter who thrives on process and you use your own initiative to prioritise and execute on key priorities. We have a strong focus on ‘bias for action’ so you don’t mind taking calculated risks to reach a result. As we scale there is an opportunity to lead a broader team across our global operations.
You will possess the ability to move quickly and respond to unique situations. Your previous experiences will be valuable but your ability to listen and willingness to learn will be priceless in this role.
What will you accomplish?
- Build, own and develop the company planning processes for all short and long-term forecasts
- Provide financial and analytical support to solve tough problems and influence decision making
- Conduct monthly variance reviews and forecast updates, by working closely with business leads
- Track and communicate key financial metrics to teams, management, and other stakeholders
- Develop scalable and efficient financial processes that support a rapidly growing business
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial closes
- Identify tools and resources needed to support the growth of the FP&A function and lead implementation and development of those tools (e.g. Financial Planning, Data integration, and Budgeting)
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years of financial analysis experience - technology or high growth firm experience preferred
- Extensive financial modeling experience
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment with a high level of precision
- Strong relationship building with business leaders, ability to communicate information clearly, and influence decision making.
- Must demonstrate analytical prowess, strategic thinking and a command of the details
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting information to drive decision making to senior leadership teams
Bonus points for
- Experience working in a tech start-up
- Experience working at global scale
In your first 3-6 months, you would have
- Learnt the lingo, mechanics and drivers of the industry
- Review existing financial model and propose future state and strategy
- Built relationships with key decision makers and provided impactful analysis
- Developed strong ties with the strategy team and built forecasts for new markets
Where will this role be based?
InDebted is a remote-first company. Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have a good internet connection and at least a 4-hour overlap with business hours in the Australian Eastern Standard Time Zone (UTC+10 during AU Winter and UTC+11 during AU Summer).
Diversity and Inclusion
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.