What will you accomplish?
- Lead the month-end close process, including close of sub-ledgers, accruals, journals and balance sheet reconciliations and the preparation and review of management reports for our United States and Canadian subsidiaries
- Manage daily accounting activities including, but not limited to, cash, accounts payable, accruals, trust accounting and T&E
- Liaise with external tax accountants to ensure completion of tax filings and prepare statutory reporting
- Review bank reconciliations and GL coding prepared by direct report
- Partner with the business to accurately reconcile accounts, summarize activity, and resolve reconciling differences in a timely manner
- Support the annual external financial statement audit by providing information accurately and timely
- Research technical accounting(e.g., revenue recognition) guidance
- Assist with compliance audits as required(e.g., banking, taxing agencies, insurance)
- Assist Finance team with the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process efficiency to improve operations and productivity
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3 - 5 years experience in accounting and finance roles
- CPA strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Combination of accounting firm and corporate setting preferred
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude with a focus on process enhancement
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a SaaS or high-growth technology business