Tell us if you’re unhappy
To help us improve our products and services to you, we encourage you to tell us if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of their experience with us.
It is important that we hear about it so we can make things right for you.
We'll take your complaint seriously and will work with you to address your complaint quickly and aim to find a resolution that's fair. If we need more time or more information from you, we will let you know throughout the process.
To ensure that we timely and appropriately handle complaints, InDebted has an established complaints handling process and is committed to properly considering and resolving all complaints.
How can you contact us?
- Gather any supporting documents or records with names, times and dates that will assist our investigation into your complaint.
- Get in touch to let us know about your complaint and how you’d like it resolved. The quickest way is to call our complaints team or lodge a complaint via our website and please include the following information:
- your full name;
- contact details;
- description of your Complaint; and
- what outcome do you want,
- Please include as much information as you can to help us resolving your complaint.
- We'll acknowledge your complaint, give you a reference number and the name and contact details of the person who is handling your complaint.
- We’ll do what we can to fix your problem, making sure it doesn't occur again for you or anyone else and let you know once we have a resolution
We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint as soon as possible and in any case within 3 business days of receiving the complaint and we will give you an update and let you know when you can expect a full response. We will also let you know the name and contact details of the person handling your complaint.
We may contact you to ask further details. Once all the details of the complaint have been investigated, we will issue a 'final response' to your complaint.
How long will it take?
We will endeavour to resolve the complaint on the spot or within days. We'll keep you informed of our progress and if we're unable to resolve your complaint within 21 days we'll tell you that we need more time or more information from you to investigate.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum of 35 days to issue a final response for any complaints relating to payment transactions (e.g. Direct Debit, electronic transaction payments). For all other types of complaint the FCA gives us 8 weeks to issue a final response but we will aim to get your complaint resolved well before this deadline.
What Happens After We Have Responded?
If you’re still unhappy with our final response to your complaint, please tell us why and we will look into the matter further for you.
If your complaint is within the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service, you are entitled to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are unhappy with our response to your complaint. This is a free service available to you. The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent organisation who looks to resolve complaints between consumers and financial organisations. You will need to do this within 6 months of our response to your complaint. We will provide you with a leaflet on how to do this within our response to your complaint.
The contact details of the Financial Ombudsman Service are as follows:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Free phone: 0800 023 4567
Low-cost phone: 0300 123 9123
If your complaint is not deemed under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service, you may wish to contact one of the independent organisations listed below:
- Credit Services Association, (all general complaints).
- Information Commissioners Office, (matters regarding data protection legislation).
- OFGEM, (matters regarding energy i.e. gas or electric).
- OFCOM, (matters regarding telecoms/media).
- OFWAT, (matters regarding water services).