InDebted is changing the way organisations recover outstanding accounts by combining human values with compelling messaging and data-driven decisions. We do this to deliver on our mission to be the preferred choice of customers to support their debt free journey, everywhere.
We are a fast-growing startup that believes in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head-on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer a four day work week, flexible schedules, unlimited paid leave, competitive salaries, stock options, and other perks that come with being a remote-first company.
We are looking for a Accounting Supervisor, North America to join our global Finance team to help us look after our North American operations. Our global Finance team primarily works in Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT + 10) so some overlap between your day and ours would be ideal.
As a remote company, we look for folks who can adapt and learn quickly, are eager to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent attention to detail, great communication and time management skills.
The Accounting Supervisor, North America will have responsibility for the day to day accounting activities of our United States and Canadian subsidiaries. The role will have one direct report initially and scope to grow as the business scales.
What will you accomplish?
- Lead the month-end close process, including close of sub-ledgers, accruals, journals and balance sheet reconciliations and the preparation and review of management reports for our United States and Canadian subsidiaries
- Manage daily accounting activities including, but not limited to, cash, accounts payable, accruals, trust accounting and T&E
- Liaise with external tax accountants to ensure completion of tax filings and prepare statutory reporting
- Review bank reconciliations and GL coding prepared by direct report
- Partner with the business to accurately reconcile accounts, summarize activity, and resolve reconciling differences in a timely manner
- Support the annual external financial statement audit by providing information accurately and timely
- Research technical accounting(e.g., revenue recognition) guidance
- Assist with compliance audits as required(e.g., banking, taxing agencies, insurance)
- Assist Finance team with the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement
- Continuously identify and develop solutions for process efficiency to improve operations and productivity
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3 - 5 years experience in accounting and finance roles
- CPA strongly preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Combination of accounting firm and corporate setting preferred
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude with a focus on process enhancement
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a SaaS or high-growth technology business
Where will this role be based?
InDebted is a remote-first company with offices in Sydney, Manila, London, Toronto, Montreal, and Missouri.
For this role you will need to be based in North America.
Diversity and Inclusion
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.