InDebted is changing the way organisations recover outstanding accounts by combining human values with compelling messaging and data-driven decisions. We do this to deliver on our mission to be the preferred choice of customers to support their debt free journey, everywhere.
We are a fast-growing startup that believes in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head-on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer a four day work week, flexible schedules, unlimited paid leave, competitive salaries, stock options, and other perks that come with being a remote-first company.
We are looking for a talented, hands-on Product leader to grow and scale our Product team, and help us craft and execute our product strategy. With a track record of leading Product teams in high-growth technology businesses, you’ll be responsible for building, growing and mentoring a team of product managers, and collaborating cross-functionally to bring amazing products and features to market.
You’ll be a highly collaborative leader, working closely with our founder & CEO, senior leaders and teams across the business to align our roadmap with industry opportunities, driving the highest value for our customers and clients and ROI for our business. You will use your leadership ability, product craft, creative problem-solving skills and your drive to deliver on ambitious growth objectives.
You will have a massive impact on InDebted’s business globally, and the teams and customers that use our products every day.
What will you accomplish?
- Work with leadership to define, communicate, and evangelize a Product Vision and Strategy, and build tactical plans that deliver on our ambitious growth objectives.
- Recruit, lead and coach a team of talented product managers and product designers, and ensure their strategic and tactical alignment among the team and with peers in Engineering.
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership & peers (in Engineering, Data, Marketing, Sales, Client Success, Customer Experience, Operations and Finance) to create and optimize InDebted’s product development processes.
- Prioritise InDebted’s product roadmap based on the needs of our customers, clients and key market opportunities, balancing quick wins with long-term investments appropriately.
- Set up required team processes to lead effective product innovation, product research & development and product design.
- Create, enhance and deliver products that will differentiate InDebted as the global market leader.
- Work closely with our CEO, Head of Engineering and Head of Data to deliver on the product vision.
- Create an innovative and inclusive culture that fosters empowerment, growth, and collaboration.
What do we need from you?
- 10+ years of product management with at least 5+ years leading Product team(s) and managing other product managers in high-growth tech startups.
- Experience in setting up a product function from scratch, establishing product processes and rallying senior leadership around it.
- A strong collaborator with extensive experience working with executives and stakeholders throughout different functional areas of the business.
- Cross-functional communication comes naturally to you in solving problems and addressing roadblocks. You have a strong orientation toward problem-solving and decision-making in an open and collaborative environment and toward making decisions that will benefit our customers and the organisation as a whole.
- Exceptional ability to reinforce customer and business priorities and drive consensus in the interest of achieving the best outcome for the customer and business.
- You are data informed, with a deep understanding of how to collect and use market and customer data to inform decisions and drive strategy, validate assumptions and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in attracting, retaining and developing product talent.
- A Problem-solver, focused on understanding the problem before jumping to the solution.
- A history of leading high-performing teams who understand a vision and can execute on it.
- Strong work ethic. Flexible, hands-on and can adapt quickly.
Where will this role be based?
InDebted is a remote-first company. Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have a good internet connection and at least a 4-hour overlap with Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10) during business hours.
Diversity and Inclusion
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.